This is a demo .bot file. .bot files are configuration files for bots that contain the required meta information about them for usage with the goserver scripts. The information needed is
- program: The program command line
- handle-net: ‘true’ or ‘false’. If false (default) you program just needs to print and read from stdin and stdout and a wrapper program gtp2ip will handle the internet connection. If true, your program will be called with 2 arguments, the Server name or IP and the port to connect to. Your program will be expected to handle all the details of TCP/IP and full GTP support. (This means a few things gtp2ip handled, like ‘protocol_version’).
- name: The proper name of the bot
- version: The version of the bot
- author: The author of the bot
- password: A password protecting the bot from being quitted by just anyone when operating in house mode.
a .bot file looks like the following
program=/usr/games/bin/gnugo --mode gtp handle-net=false name=GnuGo version=3.6 author=GNU password=abcd